Monday 3 October 2011

For The Love of Shoes (Monday Madness)

One thing my husband and I often do not agree wholly on is what is an appropriate amount of money to spend on clothes and shoes.  Hubby is a lot more... liberal shall we say, with funds than I am! 

I admit when I was a working women I was not as conscious as I am now of spending and have been known to partake in purchasing a few too many pairs of Karen Millen shoes and bags in my time, but now I am much more frugal in the material world of shopping. 

Don't get me wrong, my kids always have an array of 'posh' clobber for when the occasion calls for it, but for days rolling around indoors, I am happy to buy and dress them in supermarket clothing ranges, which I think everyone must admit have come on leaps and bounds in the past few years.

However, every now and again I see something extravagant and know that if I mention it to my hubby he will encourage me, usually joining me to go and buy it (as it will be purchased without me cribbing about what else the money could be spent on).  Such an event occurred today. 

Whilst enjoying the late summer days and the fact that he is still home after his foot operation we took the opportunity to spend a couple of hours in town, running some errands and having some lunch with J2 whilst J1 was at school (we mustn't mention we did this however or J1 will be most miffed).  While we were doing this we stumbled across a shop, that although I walk past every day I can't say I have taken much notice of.  But something had caught my eye.  Something so cute, and so trendy I couldn't just walk past.

Little tiny, baby All Star Converse trainers!

Now I was a bit of a fan of the Converse trainer the first time around so was thrilled to see that they have made such a massive comeback of late, but to see them available in J2 size was too much excitement!  I tried to not picture him dotting around in them but couldn't.  We ventured into the shop.  The lady must have sniffed my exhilaration (probably a give away was me saying 'OMG LOOOOOOKKKKKKKK' at all the styles and colours lined up on the walls) as soon as we walked in because she was over, helpfully plucking them off the walls and checking her stock for sizes.

Now, although it pains me that they cost more than I would pay for my own shoes (the price of childrens shoes is complete madness), how cute they are and how much J2 seems to love them (he does have a good dose of me in his genes obviously as he is a bit of a shoe fan) softens the blow and I can honestly say that it is a very rare occasion that I indulge, but look how cute they are!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love for you to quack your thoughts along with me and will always try and quack right back.