Tuesday 3 July 2012

Favourite Posts of the Last 12 Months : No.4




From November 2011 Archives


Wow - I Forgot We Took These!


Having just located the hard drive (thingy) that holds all of our photos I have been happily grazing through lots of pictures that I forgot we had. In 2009 Hubby and I took a Winter trip to Egypt for some winter sun and we booked ourselves onto a 'Star Gazing' excursion in the Sinai Desert. After being disappointed with the first half of the trip the Star Gazing certainly made up for it, but I forgot we got these awesome photographs of the moon through a very powerful telescope they had set up. These are some of my favourite photos ever taken.




4 comments:

  1. Wow that is truly amazing that you were able to snap such incredible photos of the moon!!
    I'm a new gfc follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those photographs are incredible - what amazing keep sakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! Tim (my husband) has recently developed a real interest in astronomy. His only woe right now is that he has a telescope but can't use it much because of his shift work and cloudy nights!! He even asked for a planisphere watch for Father's Day (took me forever to find one). So he is going to love these photos when I show him. They are amazing, no wonder they are some of your favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, such detail! Amazing that you could take such pictures; the surface of the moon is so clear. Polly

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to quack your thoughts along with me and will always try and quack right back.